Current Jobs Available
The following positions are currently open for application – only these positions are available.
Please apply on the Matrix Consulting Services website. Do not email your CV.
Job: CMMS Administrator/Scheduler
Matrix Consulting Services is seeking a CMMS Administrator/Scheduler to join our team in Westlake, Cape Town for a fixed term of 6 months.
This position is responsible for: data entry and populating of assets, scheduling of preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and general maintenance requests (work orders); reviewing and prioritizing work orders on a CMMS.
This position reports to the Director of Facilities and is an office-based position.
- Adding assets to the CMMS.
- Adding preventative maintenance schedules for assets.
- Adding task groups for scheduled or planned maintenance.
- Adding users into the system and making them inactive in the system.
- Adding Vendors as companies into the system and making them users as well (if required).
- Adding, updating, and setting sites/properties in the system correctly and making them inactive when needed.
- Adding, updating, and removing preventative maintenance work orders or reoccurring work orders
- Adding, updating, and removing assets and preventative maintenance for the assets in the system
- Create and cancel work orders.
- Manage open work orders and follow up when past due.
- Create origination codes and failure codes.
- Control assets barcodes and have these printed for clients.
- Set up overall, region and property level notifications with the system.
- Create inspections.
- Conduct audits within the system to ensure all data is uniform and accurate.
- Raise various system reports and various intervals, including maintenance forecast reporting.
- Raise problems on the system or with users to direct line manager.
- Ability to use the mobile app and assist others with the app.
- Conduct audits of the client users and the quarterly audit of Matrix users.
- Help trouble shoot and assist users with the system.
- Conduct regular system backups.
- Answer office telephone and direct calls to relevant staff.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Matric Certificate.
- 5 years’ work experience in service administration for a technical service provider – either HVAC, lifts and escalators or MEP.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, including Microsoft Outlook.
- Good understanding of the Facilities Management environment.
- Very good understanding of maintenance trades including HVAC, Lifts & Escalators and MEP
- Excellent attention to detail
- Take and follow directions with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Client service-orientated attitude (this is a priority requirement).
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- 3 years or more in Facilities Management environment
- Experience with a CMMS – preferably Fiix
- 3 contactable references of previous employers should be provided.
Disclaimer and notice
Matrix Consulting Services reserves the right to not appoint or fulfil the position advertised.
This is a fixed term, 6-month contract only and does not give rise to permanent employment by Matrix Consulting Services.
Only candidates that meet our requirement will be eligible for shortlisting or contact.
Should you not be contacted 2-weeks after your application, consider your application unsuccessful.